Teamwork is a value. Some people value it. Others do not. And then there are people who say they value it but behave like they do not. Why is this? Is it that they do not understand the fundamentals - the rules - of teamwork? You be the judge. Here are 10 rules for high performance teamwork from the best-selling book, Pulling Together: 10 Rules for High Performance Teamwork, published by Simple Truths, http://www.simpletruths.com/. For more information on each rule and to see a short video, visit Simple Truths or Venture Management Consultants at http://www.venturemanagementconsultants.com/.
Here are the 10 Rules. Stop and ask yourself, do you abide by these principles?
1. Put the team first: Shift from "me-opic" to "we-opic" vision.
2. Communicate openly and candidly.
3. Be part of the solution, not the problem.
4. Respect diversity.
5. Ask and encourage the right questions.
6. Use a rational problem-solving process.
7. Build trust with integrity and example.
8. Commit to excellence.
9. Promote interdependent thinking.
10. Pull the weeds.
How did you do? How is your team doing? Be honest. Use these rules with your team to talk candidly about how you can pull together and behold the power of teamwork!